The Granddaddy of Them All
The College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Rose Bowl Game will be played on Wednesday, January 1, 2025.
The Rose Bowl Game began in 1902 making it the oldest of bowls. The Rose Bowl traditionally takes place annually on January 1st at the Rose Bowl Stadium, unless it falls on a Sunday, in which case, the game will occur on January 2nd. Each year, the Rose Bowl Game immediately follows the Rose Parade, the two events occur each New Year in Pasadena, California as part of the Tournament of Roses.
Information below pertains to 2024. Will be updated at a later date.
Rose Bowl Game FAQ
- 4:00 AM | Stadium parking lot opens
- 9:00 AM | Rose Bowl Game FanFest
- 11:30 AM | Gates to the stadium open
- 1:00 PM | Pregame activities begin
- 2:10 PM | Kickoff
*All times noted in PST
The following groups are the only authorized ticket distributors: Pasadena Tournament of Roses Association (includes the City of Pasadena and ESPN), the participating institutions and conferences, Ticketmaster, and rosebowlpremiumseating.com. All tickets are exclusively mobile only. Please review the Mobile Ticketing Guide. NOTE: Lost game tickets will not be replaced. Stolen tickets must be reported prior to game day to the authorized distributor from which they were received. All seating is reserved, and every spectator needs a game admission ticket. No free admission for infants or children. No child lap passes.
Prices for the game start at $225 depending on location plus service fees. Tickets can be purchased at ticketmaster.com.
- Rose Bowl Stadium Premium Seating
- OnLocation Official Ticket & Hospitality Packages
- Official Ticket Exchange, powered by On Location
ACCESSIBLE GUEST TICKETS
Accessible seating for guests with disabilities is available through any of the authorized ticket distributors of Rose Bowl Game. Guests with disabilities should request seating in the ADA area when purchasing their tickets. Up to three companion tickets may be purchased. They will be assigned to the closest available seat next to the accessible seat. Guests with disabilities who are purchasing tickets through one of the participating institutions should request seating in the ADA area prior to game day to ensure that seating is available in the area adjacent to the participating institution’s seats. (Guests with disabilities may enter through any of the eight stadium entry gates.)
Remaining seating for guests with disabilities may be exchanged on game day inside the stadium at the customer service booth, located at Tunnel 28.
Teams & Seat Locations
During the CFP Semifinal at the 110th Rose Bowl Game, the #1 MICHIGAN will be on the West sideline and their fans are seated in the West and North sections of the stadium. The #4 ALABAMA will be on the East sideline and their fans are seated in the East and South sections of the stadium.
There are 77 numbered rows in the Rose Bowl Stadium. The lettered rows begin below Row 1, starting with Row A and descending down. The tunnels enter the stadium at Row 28. Each section is divided between low seats (1, 2, 3, etc.) and high seats (101, 102, 103, etc.). If you are standing in the tunnel facing the playing field, the low seats are to your left and the high seats are to your right.
January 1, parking at the Rose Bowl Stadium is available on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 4:00 AM. General parking at the Rose Bowl Stadium is available in Lot H, 1-4 and 6-10. Advance parking passes can be purchased at parkjockey.com. There is no reserved parking, Cars are stacked on a first-come, first-served basis, guests will not be able to exit prior to the end of the game. Other than designated overnight motorhome parking, there is no overnight parking at the Rose Bowl Stadium. In-and-out privileges are prohibited in all parking areas. Once you exit the parking lot, you will be required to pay the full parking fee upon re-entry. Parking permits for buses and limos must be purchased in advance by calling (626) 397-4220.
Parking is $55 in advance and $65 on game day. Parking at Rose Bowl Stadium can be paid for via credit card, debit card and Apple Pay. Passes can also be purchased online in advance at parkjockey.com/rose-bowl.
Accessible parking for guests with disabilities is immediately adjacent to the Rose Bowl Stadium in Lots “F,” “B” and “D.” All vehicles entering those lots must display a valid handicap placard and be prepared to present identification upon entry. Parking lot opens at 4 am and is $60 on game day. Late arriving guests may be directed to park in alternative handicapped designated lots.
Advanced Bus and Limo Parking Permits
To purchase parking permits in advance for buses/limos, call (626) 397-4220 or visit rosebowlgame.com to download a parking order form. All orders that are to be shipped must be received by December 16.
Parking permits purchased prior to Saturday, December 18 will be shipped at your expense.
Parking permits purchased Sunday, December 26 – Friday, December 31 may be picked up between the hours of 10:00 am – 5:00 pm at the Bus & Limo Parking Permit office located adjacent to Gate “B” at Rose Bowl Stadium (cash only).
- Buses, advance purchase $300
- Limousines, advance purchase $200 for vehicle shorter than 23', $300 for vehicle longer than 23'
- Regardless of vehicle classification, any vehicle 23’ and larger will be charged the bus rate. Vehicles under 23’ will be charged limo rate.
- Measurements are from bumper to bumper.
- RVs must be completely self-contained, no hookups available. No tents.
- No overnight parking allowed except in the designated RV lots.
- PARKING FEE: Upon entry into the park you will be required to pay, in advance, December 28 - $1100; December 29 - $900; December 30 - $700; December 31 - $500; January 1 - $300. The rate drops at 6 AM each day. If you have a tow vehicle, you will be charged $65 (one-time fee) for your vehicle – this is the day of game public parking rate. If you arrive on game day, you will be charged $300 to park for game day parking only – and you will be required to vacate by 12:00 PM, January 2nd. Parking is on a first come; first served basis.
- RV REQUIREMENTS: All RV’s must be self-contained. There are no hook-ups (no water, electrical or dump stations on site). If your RV requires dumping service please contact United Site Services. Contact United Site Services at 818-882-2099.
- RV PARKING SPACE: You are limited to one space per RV. The space that you are entitled to can be no wider than 16 feet times the length of your RV (example: your RV is 32 feet long by 8 feet wide – your entire space can be no larger than 32’ x 16’). The footprint of your entire area with your RV parked and slide outs extended cannot exceed this area. Please park as directed. There is no holding of spaces.
- TOW VEHICLE PARKING: Your Tow Vehicle will be parked in an adjacent parking area as directed by the parking attendants. You are limited to one tow vehicle per RV.
- TAILGATE ACTIVITES: This is a temporary RV Campground. Your activities are limited to the number of people that can safely and comfortably be situated on your site. Be courteous and respectful to others in the park and limit your activities.
- CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL: You are in a public park where the consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- GENERATORS: Generators may only be used between the hours of 8AM – 10PM.
- CAMPFIRES: Must be self-contained, off the ground, and may not be left unattended at any time.
- AMPLIFIED SOUND: No amplified music will be permitted.
- QUIET HOURS: 10:00 PM – 8:00 AM. Noise level must be kept to a minimum during these hours.
For more information, please contact the Rose Bowl Stadium at (626) 577-3100.
111th Rose Bowl Game Shuttle
Free shuttle buses will be located at Parsons Corporation, with bus loading on Pasadena Ave between Walnut St. and Holly St. Shuttles start running at 10:00 AM and will continue until two hours after the end of the game. You do not need to park at Parsons or make reservations to use the complimentary shuttle service. Shuttles are accessible and equipped with wheelchair lifts.
Parking for shuttle is available nearby at the Parsons Building parking lot located off of Union St between Fair Oaks Ave and Pasadena Ave or nearby Old Pasadena parking lots. The parking charge per car at Parsons on game day is $60 (plus $5 reservation fee). Reserved parking can be purchased in advance by visiting rosebowl.lazparking.com. Overnight parking is also available for $120. Parsons bus parking is available for $350 and Parsons RV parking is available for $350, $500 and $650 for one, two or three night stays, respectively. Call LAZ Parking at 626.578.1705 for further details. Between 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m., there will be heavy traffic exiting Pasadena from Parsons and the adjacent Old Pasadena parking lots due to the Rose Parade parking egress. It is advisable to arrive into Pasadena to park at Parsons before 10 a.m. or after 11:30 a.m. to avoid congestion.
Bus loads on Pasadena Ave. between Walnut St. and Holly St.
Shuttle Parking Fee
- Game Day: $60/car
- Advanced reserved parking: rosebowl.lazparking.com
- Overnight Parking: $90
- Bus Parking: $300
- RV Parking: $250, $350, and $450 for one, two- or three-night stays.
Call LAZ Parking at (626) 578-1705 for further details.
Arrive before 10:00 AM or after 11:30 AM. Between 10 AM and 11:30 AM there will be heavy traffic exiting Pasadena from Parsons and the adjacent Old Pasadena parking lots due to the Rose Parade parking egress. It is advisable to arrive into Pasadena to park at Parsons before 10 AM or after 11:30 AM to avoid congestion.
All drop-offs and pick-ups including tax and rideshare drop off services are not allowed at the Rose Bowl Stadium.
Drop off is located on Holly St. between Fair Oaks Ave. and Raymond Ave. From there, all patrons may utilize the free Rose Bowl Game shuttle or walk to the Stadium.
Public Transportation (Metro A Line)
Take the Metro A Line to the game, exit at Memorial Park Station in Pasadena. Follow the signs to the shuttle area at Parsons Corporation, it is located two blocks away. Shuttles will run directly to the Rose Bowl Stadium. For help planning your trip, use the Metro Trip Planner or call (323) 466-3876.
Pasadena offers different types of hotels for travelers:
- Courtyard by Marriott 1.6 miles from the stadium
- Residence Inn 1.6 miles from the stadium
- Westin Pasadena 2 miles from the stadium
- Hotel Dena 2.5 miles from the stadium
- Hilton 2.5 miles from the stadium
- Hyatt Place 2.5 miles from the stadium
- Pasadena Hotel & Pool 3.3 miles from the stadium
- Langham Huntington, Pasadena 4.5 miles from Rose Bowl Stadium
- More Places to Stay
Traffic will be extremely heavy the day before and day of the game. The city closes streets and redirects traffic patterns during this time—GPS may not be reliable during the Tournament of Roses for directions—instead use these Game Day directions.
FROM THE WEST VIA THE 134 FREEWAY (SAN FERNANDO VALLEY)
134 East; 2 North; 210 East(4-Exits, USE ALL FOUR EXITS) Exit Berkshire Ave./Oak Grove Dr.; or Arroyo Blvd/Windsor Ave.; or Lincoln Ave/Washington Blvd.; or Mountain St./Seco St.; Proceed to parking lots as directed
FROM THE SOUTH VIA THE 110 FREEWAY (DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES)
110 North; 5 North; 2 North; 210 East (4-Exits, USE ALL FOUR EXITS) Exit Berkshire Ave./ Oak Grove Dr.; or Arroyo Blvd./ Windsor Ave.; or Lincoln Ave./ Washington Blvd.; or Mountain St./Seco St.; Proceed to parking lots as directed
FROM THE NORTH VIA THE 210 FREEWAY (NORTH SAN FERNANDO ANO SANTA CLARITA)
210 East towards Pasadena, (4-Exits, USE ALL FOUR EXITS) Exit Berkshire Ave./Oak Grove Dr.; or Arroyo Blvd/Windsor Ave.; or Lincoln Ave/Washington Blvd.; or Mountain S.t/Seco St.; Proceed to parking lots as directed
FROM THE EAST VIA THE 210 FREEWAY(SAN GABRIEL VALLEY/INLAND EMPIRE)
210 West towards San Fernando (4-Exits, USE ALL FOUR EXITS) Exit Berkshire Ave./Oak Grove Dr.; or Arroyo Blvd./ Windsor Ave.; or Lincoln Ave./ Washington Blvd.; or Mountain St./Seco St.; Proceed to parking lots as directed
Game Day Packages and Tours
The Pasadena Tournament of Roses partners with On Location to offer the Official Rose Bowl Game packages. All tours include hospitality at Pasadena area hotels. Please visit onlocationexp.com or call (800) 591-9198.
Pregame & Tailgating Policy
A free and open to the public fanfest takes place on game day beginning at 8:00 AM. Activities include interactive game, music, TV’s and more. Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
Alumni associations have designated areas for their official tailgate parties located at Brookside Golf Course (adjacent to the north side of the stadium), contact alumni associations for more details. Public tailgating starts at 8:00 AM on game day. Food and beverages vendors will be on site.
- There are no in-and-out privileges at the Rose Bowl Stadium. Once you have left the stadium, you may not re-enter.
- Review and be aware of the list of the Rose Bowl Stadium policies, not permitted items, clear bag policy, here.
- Bags that violate the Bag Policy (See Bag Policy)
- Balls, toys or sports equipment
- Banners, signs, flags, poles or sticks
- Beverage Containers larger than 32 oz./1 liter (factory-sealed plastic bottles and empty reusable bottes are allowed; limit 2 per person)
- Boxes or wrapped packages
- Cans, glass bottles or alcoholic beverages
- Helium balloons
- Laser pointers
- Noisemakers including thunder sticks, musical instruments, whistles, air horns and boom boxes
- Outside Food (only for non-UCLA games)
- Skates, skateboards, hoverboards, scooters or bicycles
- Unauthorized cameras with lenses longer than 3.5 inches, interchangeable or telephoto lenses
- Unauthorized video cameras, monopods, tripods or selfie sticks
- Weapons or projectiles
* Strollers are permitted but must be checked in with an usher inside the stadium tunnel 18 or at checked items tent located at Gate C.
* The list of prohibited items are subject to change at any time.
The Rose Bowl Stadium has implemented a clear bag policy for all events at the Rose Bowl Stadium. Patrons who fail to comply with these policies will not be allowed to enter the stadium. Items must be returned to the vehicle or checked at the checked items tent outside Gate C, Gate F and the north FanFest.
- 12" x 6" x 12" Clear Plastic Bag
- 1 Gallon Plastic Freezer Bag
- Clutch with Shoulder Strap (may not be larger than 4.5" x 6.5")
- Clutch with Wrist Strap (may not be larger than 4.5" x 6.5")
- Diaper Bag, as long as accompanied by a child
- Camera or Binoculars Case
- Mesh Bag
- Purse or Fanny Packs
- Clear Backpack
- Tinted and Printed Pattern Plastic Bag
- Oversized Tote Bag
Fan Code of Conduct
The Rose Bowl Game, Rose Bowl Stadium and the Los Angeles Sports Council support the area’s outstanding collegiate and professional sports teams. In order to ensure a safe and celebratory environment, we ask that fans refrain from the following behavior at all events:
- No smoking allowed
- Profanity or other offensive language, whether spoken or appearing on apparel
- Intoxication or excessive alcohol consumption
- Bringing prohibited items into the venue
- Throwing of items or liquidsEntering the playing field at any time
- Fighting or other threatening behavior
- Failing to retain ticket and/or present it to event staff if requested to do so
- Reselling of tickets at the venue
- Violating state or local laws
To provide a safe environment for fans, the following security measures may be in effect:
- Searches and magnetometers at the entry gates will include inspection of all items that are carried into the stadium. Patrons may be subject to metal detectors, wand searches or full searches of your person, also known as “pat down” searches. Searches may cause delays in entering the stadium. Patrons are encouraged to arrive early.
- Each entry gate will include several “express lanes” to expedite entry for those who do not carry personal belongings into the stadium, as well as an ADA entry, for those who need additional assistance and time when proceeding through the screening. You are encouraged to secure belongings in your vehicle whenever possible.
- Law enforcement personnel may conduct occasional inspections of vehicles parking near the stadium as you arrive.
- In the event of an emergency, ushers, stadium officials and employees will direct you to a safe location. If you see something, say something, please report it immediately to local law enforcement, call 9-1-1, event personnel or text (626) 400-5119 with details.
Rose Bowl Game Public FanFest presented by Honda
The Rose Bowl Game Public FanFest presented by Honda is open to the public and free of charge for all attendees. Fan Fest activities include interactive games, TV's, music, and more. The FanFest will begin at 9:00 AM and close at 1:00 PM. A variety of food and beverages will be available for purchase. The Rose Bowl Game Public FanFest is located on the golf course, north of the stadium. For more information, please contact the Rose Bowl Stadium at (626) 577-3100 or at rosebowlstadium.com.
Traffic will be extremely heavy on January 1st, the city closes streets and redirects traffic patterns during — GPS may not be reliable during the...More