The Granddaddy of Them All
The 110th Rose Bowl Game will be held on January 1, 2024.
The Rose Bowl Game began in 1902 making it the oldest of bowls. The Rose Bowl traditionally takes place annually on January 1st at the Rose Bowl Stadium, unless it falls on a Sunday, in which case, the game will occur on January 2nd. Each year, the Rose Bowl Game immediately follows the Rose Parade, the two events occur each New Year in Pasadena, California as part of the Tournament of Roses.
Rose Bowl Game FAQ
- 4:00 AM | Stadium parking lot opens
- 11:30 AM | Gates to the stadium open
- 1:00 PM | Pregame activities begin
- 2:10 PM | Kickoff
*All times noted in PST
The following groups are the only authorized ticket distributors: Pasadena Tournament of Roses Association (includes the City of Pasadena and ESPN), the participating institutions and conferences, Ticketmaster, and rosebowlpremiumseating.com. All tickets are exclusively mobile only. Please review the Mobile Ticketing Guide. NOTE: Lost game tickets will not be replaced. Stolen tickets must be reported prior to game day to the authorized distributor from which they were received. All seating is reserved, and every spectator needs a game admission ticket. No free admission for infants or children. No child lap passes.
Prices for the game start at $165 depending on location plus service fees. Tickets can be purchased at ticketmaster.com.
- Rose Bowl Stadium Premium Seating
- OnLocation Official Ticket & Hospitality Packages
- Official Ticket Exchange, powered by On Location
ACCESSIBLE GUEST TICKETS
Accessible seating for guests with disabilities is available through any of the authorized ticket distributors of Rose Bowl Game. Guests with disabilities should request seating in the ADA area when purchasing their tickets. Up to three companion tickets may be purchased. They will be assigned to the closest available seat next to the accessible seat. Guests with disabilities who are purchasing tickets through one of the participating institutions should request seating in the ADA area prior to game day to ensure that seating is available in the area adjacent to the participating institution’s seats. (Guests with disabilities may enter through any of the eight stadium entry gates.)
Remaining seating for guests with disabilities may be exchanged on game day inside the stadium at the customer service booth, located at Tunnel 28.
Teams & Seat Locations
During the 109th Rose Bowl Game, the Penn State is on the West sideline and their fans are seated in the West and North sections of the stadium. Utah is on the East sideline and their fans are seated in the East and South sections of the stadium.
There are 77 numbered rows in the Rose Bowl Stadium. The lettered rows begin below Row 1, starting with Row A and descending down. The tunnels enter the stadium at Row 28. Each section is divided between low seats (1, 2, 3, etc.) and high seats (101, 102, 103, etc.). If you are standing in the tunnel facing the playing field, the low seats are to your left and the high seats are to your right.
January 1, parking at the Rose Bowl Stadium is available on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 4:00 AM. Advance parking passes can be purchased at parkjockey.com. Cars are stacked, guests will not be able to exit prior to the end of the game. Other than designated overnight motorhome parking, there is no overnight parking at the Rose Bowl Stadium. In-and-out privileges are prohibited in all parking areas. Once you exit the parking lot, you will be required to pay the full parking fee upon re-entry. Parking permits for buses and limos must be purchased in advance by calling (626) 397-4220.
- $60 per car on golf course
- $200 per motorhome on game only
- $300 buses on game day (pre-purchase only)
- $200 Limousines on game day (pre-purchase only)
Shuttle from Parsons Corporation‘s parking lot will offer game day parking starting at $55 per car, that lot opens at 11:00 AM the day of the game. It is located at 100 W. Walnut Street, Pasadena, CA 91124. Parking can be purchased in advance by visiting LAZ Parking or by calling (626) 578-1705. Free shuttles will run from Parsons to Rose Bowl Stadium.
Accessible parking for guests with disabilities is immediately adjacent to the Rose Bowl Stadium in Lots “F,” “B” and “D.” All vehicles entering those lots must display a valid handicap placard and be prepared to present identification upon entry. Parking lot opens at 4 am and is $60 on game day. Late arriving guests may be directed to park in alternative handicapped designated lots.
Advanced Bus and Limo Parking Permits
To purchase parking permits in advance for buses/limos, call (626) 397-4220 or visit rosebowlgame.com to download a parking order form. All orders that are to be shipped must be received by December 16.
Parking permits purchased prior to Saturday, December 18 will be shipped at your expense.
Parking permits purchased Sunday, December 26 – Friday, December 31 may be picked up between the hours of 10:00 am – 5:00 pm at the Bus & Limo Parking Permit office located adjacent to Gate “B” at Rose Bowl Stadium (cash only).
- Buses, advance purchase $300
- Limousines, advance purchase $200 for vehicle shorter than 23', $300 for vehicle longer than 23'
- Regardless of vehicle classification, any vehicle 23’ and larger will be charged the bus rate. Vehicles under 23’ will be charged limo rate.
- Measurements are from bumper to bumper.
- RVs must be completely self-contained, no hookups available. No tents.
- No overnight parking allowed except in the designated RV lots.
Motorhomes will only be allowed into the Rose Bowl Stadium area via Linda Vista Ave. and Salvia Canyon Rd. Parking will be directed along West Dr. or in Brookside Park based on availability. The game day motorhome parking fee is $200. Game day motorhome parking opens at 4 a.m. on January 1.
Prior to game day, overnight motorhome parking will be in Brookside Park, south of the Rose Bowl Stadium, beginning at noon on December 28, and closing at noon on January 1. Rates are based on date of arrival and are as follows:
- December 28 – $600
- December 29 – $500
- December 30 – $400
- December 31 – $300
- January 1 – $200, plus a one-time charge of $40 for two vehicles. The rate drops at 6:00 am each day.
Uninhabitable trailers including BBQ’s or restrooms are not permitted. The allowable space footprint is 16' wide by the length of the motorhome. All units must be self-contained. There are no hook ups available. Prohibited trailers will be escorted to a storage yard, tagged and kept for safekeeping. The trailer will be available for pick up beginning two hours after the end of the game. For more information, please contact the Rose Bowl Stadium at (626) 577-3100.
Pasadena offers different types of hotels for travelers:
- Courtyard by Marriott 1.6 miles from the stadium
- Residence Inn 1.6 miles from the stadium
- Westin Pasadena 2 miles from the stadium
- Sheraton 2.5 miles from the stadium
- Hilton 2.5 miles from the stadium
- Hyatt Place 2.5 miles from the stadium
- Pasadena Hotel & Pool 3.3 miles from the stadium
- Langham Huntington, Pasadena 4.5 miles from Rose Bowl Stadium
- More Places to Stay
Traffic will be extremely heavy the day before and day of the game. The city closes streets and redirects traffic patterns during this time—GPS may not be reliable during the Tournament of Roses for directions—instead use these Game Day directions.
FROM THE WEST VIA THE 134 FREEWAY (SAN FERNANDO VALLEY)
134 East; 2 North; 210 East(4-Exits, USE ALL FOUR EXITS) Exit Berkshire Ave./Oak Grove Dr.; or Arroyo Blvd/Windsor Ave.; or Lincoln Ave/Washington Blvd.; or Mountain St./Seco St.; Proceed to parking lots as directed
FROM THE SOUTH VIA THE 110 FREEWAY (DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES)
110 North; 5 North; 2 North; 210 East (4-Exits, USE ALL FOUR EXITS) Exit Berkshire Ave./ Oak Grove Dr.; or Arroyo Blvd./ Windsor Ave.; or Lincoln Ave./ Washington Blvd.; or Mountain St./Seco St.; Proceed to parking lots as directed
FROM THE NORTH VIA THE 210 FREEWAY (NORTH SAN FERNANDO ANO SANTA CLARITA)
210 East towards Pasadena, (4-Exits, USE ALL FOUR EXITS) Exit Berkshire Ave./Oak Grove Dr.; or Arroyo Blvd/Windsor Ave.; or Lincoln Ave/Washington Blvd.; or Mountain S.t/Seco St.; Proceed to parking lots as directed
FROM THE EAST VIA THE 210 FREEWAY(SAN GABRIEL VALLEY/INLAND EMPIRE)
210 West towards San Fernando (4-Exits, USE ALL FOUR EXITS) Exit Berkshire Ave./Oak Grove Dr.; or Arroyo Blvd./ Windsor Ave.; or Lincoln Ave./ Washington Blvd.; or Mountain St./Seco St.; Proceed to parking lots as directed
Free shuttle buses will be located at Parsons Corporation, with bus loading on Corson St. between Walnut St. and Fair Oaks Ave. Shuttles start running at 10:00 AM and will continue until two hours after the end of the game. You do not need to park at Parsons or make reservations to use the complimentary shuttle service. Shuttles are accessible and equipped with wheelchair lifts.
100 W. Walnut Street, 1 block west of Fair Oaks Ave.
SW corner of Fair Oaks Ave. and Walnut St.
Shuttle Parking Fee
- Game Day: $60/car
- Advanced Parking: via rosebowl.lazparking.com
- Overnight Parking: $90
- Bus Parking: $300
- RV Parking: $250, $350, and $450 for one, two- or three-night stays. Call Laz Parking at (626) 578-1705 for further details.
Arrive before 10:00 AM or after 11:30 AM. Between 10 AM and 11:30 AM there will be heavy traffic exiting Pasadena from Parsons and the adjacent Old Pasadena parking lots due to the Rose Parade parking egress. It is advisable to arrive into Pasadena to park at Parsons before 10 AM or after 11:30 AM to avoid congestion.
Public Transportation (Metro Gold Line)
Take the Metro Gold Line to the game, exit at Memorial Park Station in Pasadena. Follow the signs to the shuttle area at Parsons Corporation, it is located two blocks away, signs will read “109th Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual“. Shuttles will run directly to the Rose Bowl Stadium. For help planning your trip, call (323) 466-3876 or visit this page .
Game Day Packages and Tours
The Pasadena Tournament of Roses partners with On Location to offer the Official Rose Bowl Game packages. All tours include hospitality at Pasadena area hotels. Please visit onlocationexp.com or call (800) 591-9198.
Pregame & Tailgating Policy
A free and open to the public fanfest takes place on game day beginning at 8:00 AM. Activities include interactive game, music, TV’s and more. Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
Alumni associations have designated areas for their official tailgate parties located at Brookside Golf Course (adjacent to the north side of the stadium), contact alumni associations for more details. Public tailgating starts at 8:00 AM on game day. Food and beverages vendors will be on site.
- There are no in-and-out privileges at the Rose Bowl Stadium. Once you have left the stadium, you may not re-enter.
- Review and be aware of the list of the Rose Bowl Stadium policies, not permitted items, clear bag policy, here.
- Bags that violate the Bag Policy (See Bag Policy)
- Balls, toys or sports equipment
- Banners, signs, flags, poles or sticks
- Beverage Containers larger than 32 oz./1 liter (factory-sealed plastic bottles and empty reusable bottes are allowed; limit 2 per person)
- Boxes or wrapped packages
- Cans, glass bottles or alcoholic beverages
- Helium balloons
- Laser pointers
- Noisemakers including thunder sticks, musical instruments, whistles, air horns and boom boxes
- Outside Food (only for non-UCLA games)
- Skates, skateboards, hoverboards, scooters or bicycles
- Unauthorized cameras with lenses longer than 3.5 inches, interchangeable or telephoto lenses
- Unauthorized video cameras, monopods, tripods or selfie sticks
- Weapons or projectiles
* Strollers are permitted but must be checked in with an usher inside the stadium tunnel 18 or at checked items tent located at Gate C.
* The list of prohibited items are subject to change at any time.
The Rose Bowl Stadium has implemented a clear bag policy for all events at the Rose Bowl Stadium. Patrons who fail to comply with these policies will not be allowed to enter the stadium. Items must be returned to the vehicle or checked at the checked items tent outside Gate C, Gate F and the north FanFest.
- 12" x 6" x 12" Clear Plastic Bag
- 1 Gallon Plastic Freezer Bag
- Clutch with Shoulder Strap (may not be larger than 4.5" x 6.5")
- Clutch with Wrist Strap (may not be larger than 4.5" x 6.5")
- Diaper Bag, as long as accompanied by a child
- Camera or Binoculars Case
- Mesh Bag
- Purse or Fanny Packs
- Clear Backpack
- Tinted and Printed Pattern Plastic Bag
- Oversized Tote Bag
Fan Code of Conduct
The Rose Bowl Game, Rose Bowl Stadium and the Los Angeles Sports Council support the area’s outstanding collegiate and professional sports teams. In order to ensure a safe and celebratory environment, we ask that fans refrain from the following behavior at all events:
- No smoking allowed
- Profanity or other offensive language, whether spoken or appearing on apparel
- Intoxication or excessive alcohol consumption
- Bringing prohibited items into the venue
- Throwing of items or liquidsEntering the playing field at any time
- Fighting or other threatening behavior
- Failing to retain ticket and/or present it to event staff if requested to do so
- Reselling of tickets at the venue
- Violating state or local laws
To provide a safe environment for fans, the following security measures may be in effect:
- Searches and magnetometers at the entry gates will include inspection of all items that are carried into the stadium. Patrons may be subject to metal detectors, wand searches or full searches of your person, also known as “pat down” searches. Searches may cause delays in entering the stadium. Patrons are encouraged to arrive early.
- Each entry gate will include several “express lanes” to expedite entry for those who do not carry personal belongings into the stadium, as well as an ADA entry, for those who need additional assistance and time when proceeding through the screening. You are encouraged to secure belongings in your vehicle whenever possible.
- Law enforcement personnel may conduct occasional inspections of vehicles parking near the stadium as you arrive.
- In the event of an emergency, ushers, stadium officials and employees will direct you to a safe location. If you see something, say something, please report it immediately to local law enforcement, call 9-1-1, event personnel or text (626) 400-5119 with details.
Metro Transit Information Center
Currently, there are no COVID-19 protocols or requirements for events or mass gatherings. The Pasadena Tournament of Roses and Rose Bowl Stadium will continue to monitor and follow all COVID-19 health orders and guidelines ordered by the Pasadena Health Department.
Traffic will be extremely heavy on January 1st, the city closes streets and redirects traffic patterns during — GPS may not be reliable during the...More
Rose Parade Guide
Everything you should know to plan your Rose Parade experience is included in this guide, as well as some helpful tips to make the most out of your...More