Floatfest: A Rose Parade Showcase
- Monday, Jan 2nd, 2023 to Tuesday, Jan 3rd, 2023
Floatfest: A Rose Parade Showcase presented by Avelo Airlines features a 2-mile showcase of Rose Parade floats following their appearance along the parade route. Each year, nearly 70,000 visitors head to Sierra Madre and Washington Boulevards in Pasadena for the chance to walk within a few feet of the floats and appreciate up close, the creativity and detail of each magnificent display. Participating float exhibitors can engage with event attendees in this event’s family-friendly, celebratory environment.
The 134th Rose Parade and 109th Rose Bowl Game will be held on Monday, January 2, 2023. The events will occur the day after New Year’s Day in keeping with the Tournament’s “Never on Sunday” tradition kept since 1893, the first year the Rose Parade fell on a Sunday.
Details below reflect the 2022 Floatfest and will be updated closer to the event.
Know Before You Go
In cooperation with the City of Pasadena and the Pasadena Department of Public Health, the Tournament of Roses requires ticket holders to follow the following COVID-19 guidelines
- Rose Parade, Rose Bowl Game and Floatfest ticket holders must show proof of full vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test (taken within 72 hours of the event).
- Ticketholders 18+ must provide photo ID when presenting the above-mentioned forms of proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test.
- All guests 2 years and older must wear a mask during the Rose Parade, Rose Bowl Game, and Floatfest
- Full COVID-19 guidelines found here.
Wear comfortable shoes, stay hydrated and review the visitor tips and restrictions from the Tournament of Roses including the clear bag policy and non-permitted items.
- Jan 1: 1 pm - 4:00 pm
- Jan 2: 7:00 am - 9:00 am
- Jan 2: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Jan 2: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
(please note shuttle hours below)
Floatfest Shuttles and Parking
Parking near Floatfest is extremely limited. Free shuttle service will be available from two locations in Pasadena. Guests using shuttles enter the event through a priority line. Shuttle riders must wear a mask. Ticket sales at Park-N-Ride locations end at 2:30 PM. Advance tickets are also available through Sharp Seating Company at 626. 795. 4174 or sharpseating.com.
- Pasadena City College: 1570 E. Colorado Blvd. (enter off Del Mar Blvd. or Bonnie near corner of Hill Ave.)
- Rose Bowl Stadium Lot B (January 2 only)
- January 1 (no Rose Bowl shuttles): 12:30-2:30 PM (final departure)
- January 2: 6:30 AM-2:30 PM (final departure)
Shuttles depart approximately every 5 minutes
ADA Accessible Parking
- Victory Park Recreation Center: 2575 Paloma St. (enter off Paloma St. from N. Altadena Dr.)
- For updated Park-N-Ride and other transportation information, please visit tournamentofroses.com