Visit Pasadena Celebrates the 100th Anniversary of the Cheeseburger
Visit Pasadena introduces its Cheeseburger Centennial Celebration, commemorating 100 years since the cheeseburger was invented in Pasadena.
Visit Pasadena has introduced its Cheeseburger Centennial Celebration, commemorating 100 years since the cheeseburger was invented in Pasadena. In January 2024, stay in Pasadena and get a cheeseburger, experience the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce’s Cheeseburger Week, take a cheeseburger walking tour, and get cheesy offers by showing your Metro TAP card at participating restaurants.
“The cheeseburger is truly the great unifier of American cuisine, and we are so excited to bring our tourism partners together to commemorate the cheeseburger’s 100th anniversary right here in Pasadena,” said Kristin McGrath, Executive Director of Visit Pasadena. “Celebrate the sensation of cheeseburger’s genesis in its hometown, where we’ve prepared a month of delicious cheeseburger joy for all to savor.”
Read the cheeseburger origin story at www.visitpasadena.com/blog/how-the-cheeseburger-was-invented-in-pasadena.
“2024 marks the 100th anniversary of Lonel Sternberger’s amazing inspiration in adding cheese to a hamburger, which began a revolution in the culinary arts. We’re hoping to celebrate with some special additions to Cheeseburger Week,” said Paul Little, CEO of the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce. “We will continue the Cheeseburger Challenge but add some new elements such as the Cheeseburger Passport where participants can win prizes.”
Cheeseburger Week returns January 21 – January 27 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the invention of the cheeseburger in Pasadena. Hosted by the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce, Cheeseburger Week is extra special this year with a Cheeseburger Passport. For more information, visit www.pasadenarestaurantweek.com
For the month of January, book a room at a participating Pasadena hotel to get a free cheeseburger or food and beverage offer.
- The Langham Huntington, Pasadena is introducing an exclusive cheeseburger to commemorate the centennial and offering the Royal Royce Package. The package includes one-night luxury room stay, complimentary parking, and the Royal Royce Cheeseburger, valid January 1 – January 31. The Royal Royce Burger represents pure culinary luxury. The decadent combination includes a patty made up of short rib and brisket, ½ of a lobster tail, cheese fondue, chanterelles, and micro-arugula, topped with truffle shavings. The bun is sprinkled with gold leaf. It will be on the menu at the Royce for the month of January and priced at $100. Book using the code ‘ROYALROYCE’ or use this booking link.
- The Pasadena Hotel & Pool is offering a cheeseburger centennial package that gives you a free cheeseburger and 5% off the Best Available Rate with a minimum 2-night stay between January 2 – January 31. Book your stay using this booking link.
- Hotel Dena’s Cheeseburger 100th Anniversary Package is available from January 2 – January 31 and includes a Dena Rite Burger for Two and late checkout at 1 p.m. Book now with this booking link. The cheeseburger is made with Angus beef, melted cheddar cheese, crips lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and a secret sauce sandwiched between a toasted brioche bun.
- Hyatt Place Pasadena is offering a Cheeseburger 100th Anniversary special that includes 50% off food and beverage with your stay between January 1 and January 31. We suggest you use the deal on their cheeseburger. Book using the code ‘CHEESE’ or use this booking link.
- The Hilton Pasadena is offering a cheeseburger package that includes a cheeseburger meal for two and free valet parking for one vehicle, offered from January 2 to February 3. The package will be available on the Hilton Pasadena’s offers page.
- The Westin Pasadena's Cheeseburger Centennial special offers a free cheeseburger and a glass of beer or soft drink with your stay. Book through this booking link now through January 31, excluding December 30 – January 1, 2024.
Additional Pasadena Cheeseburger Centennial experiences include:
- Melting Pot Walking Food Tours is introducing the Pasadena Cheeseburger Centennial Walking Food Tour for the month of January. Enjoy eating around Old Pasadena while learning about local history, lore, and architecture. Book now using this booking link.
- Ice House Comedy Club is offering $5 off the cheeseburger sliders when you show your Metro TAP card. www.icehousecomedy.com
- SLAB Pasadena is offering a free house beverage when you show your Metro TAP card during Cheeseburger Week. www.slabbarbecue.com/pasadena
Additional offers and experiences may be added and will be available at www.visitpasadena.com/cheeseburger-centennial-celebration.
About Visit Pasadena
The Pasadena Convention & Visitors Bureau (Visit Pasadena) is a non-profit marketing organization dedicated to promoting Pasadena as a leading meeting, convention and leisure travel destination. It is responsible for the sales and marketing efforts to attract meetings, conventions, events, and leisure travel. Through the impact of travel, Visit Pasadena enhances the local economy for the well-being of the community. For more information, go to www.visitpasadena.com. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook at @VisitPasadena.
Photos: media hub