FOR: Pasadena CVB
POSITION: Visitors Center Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
PAYROLL STATUS: Regular, Full-time
Located just north of Downtown Los Angeles, Pasadena offers a combination of urban sophistication and fun. Visitors stroll through Old Pasadena or South Lake for shopping and dining. They are inspired by gardens, priceless literary works and artistic masterpieces at our museums. They explore priceless architecture throughout the city. They enjoy outdoor activities such as golf, hiking and sporting events.
The Visitor Center Coordinator is responsible for providing excellent customer service to visitors and clients at the Visitor Center; responding to all phone calls and routing calls to the appropriate staff; and for providing administrative support to all departments.
Answer all incoming phone calls and route to appropriate department or staff person.
- Provide information and assistance to visitors or callers to the Visitor Center.
- Actively share Pasadena attractions and destinations to visitors.
- Stay up to date on events and meetings at the Pasadena Convention Center & Pasadena Civic Auditorium.
- Effectively communicate customer needs with other departments.
- Respond to e-mail and social media inquiries.
- Fulfill requests for information packets and/or a variety of collateral material.
- Process databases and manage large mailing projects.
- Ensure the Visitor Center is well presented and efficiently organized.
- Maintain collateral inventory for Visitor Center, visitor kiosk, storage room and staff beverage station.
- Distribute incoming mail and faxes and process outgoing mail.
- Prepare welcome gifts for journalists and clients.
- Maintain various databases, files and record keeping systems.
- Review and update website and destination listings.
- Write social media, website postings and event listings.
- Research information to fulfill visitor requests.
- Open/close office as required.
- Compile and maintain data on community events.
- Occasionally support the CVB at special events such as Visitor Hotline and community events.
- Work with Marketing & Communications, Event Operations and other staff on projects as requested.
Customer Service: Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, speaks clearly, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Internet Savvy: Makes good use of web tools and on-line industry resources can implement and manage web projects, has on-line marketing knowledge, aware of industry trends.
Sense of Urgency: Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others, and meets deadlines.
- High school graduate with a minimum of two years of job related experience
- 1 – 2 years of experience in the hospitality industry, convention or tourism preferred
- 1 – 2 years of customer service experience required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Fluency in Spanish or Mandarin a plus