Butterfly Season at Kidspace Children's Museum
- Monday, Mar 27th, 2023 to Sunday, May 14th, 2023
Bring your family to a celebration of the habitat and life cycle of butterflies and other pollinators. Dig-in and connect with nature in our new exhibits, activities, and programs. Test your keen creature-spotting skills in a bug safari. Create a caterpillar - shape it out of clay, add seeds, and watch your fuzzy friend sprout at home. Dress up like a butterfly and spread your wings in fantasy flutter-by. Take a spin on the new interactive art installation, Los Trompos. There's so much for your little love bug to explore. Come see what the buzz is about!
Butterfly Season highlights include:
- Bug safaris. Kidspace provides the magnifying glass and some expert tips; you bring your curiosity and keen creature-spotting skills and join our search for eggs, caterpillars, and adult insects around campus.
- Fantasy flutter-by-play. Dress up like a butterfly, climb into a “chrysalis,” and take flight on the flutter path.
- Pollinator takeover in Nature Exchange. View live caterpillars, butterflies, moths, and honeybees, learn about the butterfly life cycle, and celebrate the important role of pollinators in a healthy ecosystem
- Create a caterpillar. What kind of fuzzy caterpillar would you like to create? Shape your creature out of clay, and then add seeds to sprout a fuzzy fellow of your own to take home.
- Flower showers. Grab a watering can and learn about what plants butterflies and other pollinators rely on while helping the flowers grow.
Los Trompos Installation
The installation, Los Trompos, first commissioned by the High Museum of Art in Atlanta, is a large-scale interpretation of vintage toy tops created in part by flat nylon rope woven in traditional Mexican style. Visitors can sit inside the vividly colored structures and work together to spin them on their bases.
Interactive Exhibits for Kids. Kidspace Children's Museum offers more than 40 hands-on exhibits, in addition to...