This page is meant to provide you with the latest advisories to ensure that you have a safe, smooth experience in our destination.
Welcome back to Pasadena. With one of the highest vaccination rates in the country, the California Golden State is officially open and Pasadena tourism businesses are ready to welcome visitors.
Visitors are still strongly encouraged to check with individual attractions and businesses for hours of operations, advanced registration requirements, and guidelines. We encourage everyone get vaccinated. They are a safe and effective way to prevent COVID. As of October 7, 95.7% of Pasadenans age 12+ have received at least one dose and 89% are fully vaccinated (Details).
Masks are required for all individuals regardless of vaccination status, in all indoor public settings, venues, gatherings and businesses. Masks will also be required at all times, except for actively eating or drinking, at large outdoor gatherings of more than 10,000. Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test will be required for indoor events with 1,000 or more individuals and outdoors and at outdoor venues and events with more than 10,000 attendees.
IS PASADENA OPEN FOR BUSINESS?
All guests are advised to call ahead to check business operations and hours. Many of our museums and attractions require reservations.
- Descanso Gardens is open.
- Gamble House is open for outdoor tours.
- The Huntington is open. Advance online reservations are now required ONLY on weekends, Monday holidays, and on free days for both visitors and Members.
- Kidspace Children's Museum is open. All admission is reserved through their new timed ticketing system.
- Norton Simon Museum is open. Tickets in advance are highly encouraged. Tickets are released approximately one week prior to each two-week block.
- Rose Bowl Stadium Tours have returned.
- USC Pacific Asia Museum is open. Reservations are required.
The Angeles National Forest is temporarily closed to all activity through September 17 due to an order issued by the U.S. Forest Service closing all but one of California's National forests due to the number of wildfires in the state. Please find the latest updates on the Angeles National Forest Twitter page @Angeles_NF.
HEALTHY TRAVEL PRACTICES
With one of the nation’s highest vaccination rates and lowest case rates, nearly all of California is open to welcome visitors. There is no longer a travel advisory in effect. There is no state recommendation to test and quarantine before and after travel
Read and follow the California Safe & Responsible Travel Code
- Pasadena COVID-19 Cases
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- CDC Travel:
- Visit California Travel Update