This page is meant to provide you with the latest advisories to ensure that you have a safe, smooth experience in our destination.
Welcome back to Pasadena. With one of the highest vaccination rates in the country, the California Golden State is officially open and Pasadena tourism businesses are ready to welcome visitors.
Visitors are still strongly encouraged to check with individual attractions and businesses for hours of operations, advanced registration requirements, and guidelines. We encourage everyone get vaccinated. They are a safe and effective way to prevent COVID. As of July 20, 88% of Pasadenans have received at least one dose and 78.5% are fully vaccinated (Details).
Due to the significant increase in case rates over the past three weeks, changes to the mask requirements have been made. Effective July 22nd, masks will be required for all individuals regardless of vaccination status, in all indoor public settings, venues, gatherings and businesses. (Details).
IS PASADENA OPEN FOR BUSINESS?
All guests are advised to call ahead to check business operations and hours. Many of our museums and attractions require reservations.
- Gamble House is open for indoor tours.
- Descanso Gardens is open.
- The Huntington is open. Advance online reservations are now required ONLY on weekends, Monday holidays, and on free days for both visitors and Members.
- LA County Arboretum is open. Timed entry tickets are limited and must be purchased online prior to visiting.
- Kidspace Children's Museum is open. All admission is reserved through their new timed ticketing system.
- Norton Simon Museum is open. Tickets in advance are highly encouraged. Tickets are released approximately one week prior to each two-week block. Masks are required.
- USC Pacific Asia Museum is open. Reservations are required.
- Rose Bowl Stadium Tours have returned.
HEALTHY TRAVEL PRACTICES
With one of the nation’s highest vaccination rates and lowest case rates, nearly all of California is open to welcome visitors. There is no longer a travel advisory in effect. There is no state recommendation to test and quarantine before and after travel
Read and follow the California Safe & Responsible Travel Code
- Pasadena COVID-19 Cases
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- CDC Travel:
- Visit California Travel Update