Manages certain administrative processes and activities of the department’s sales function, independently. Assists the Executive Director of the CVB and other Sales Managers with all sales function logistics. These include maintaining the sales tracking system; preparing periodic sales reports; preparing sales manager presentations; maintaining client files; handling travel plans and expense reports. The individual in this position will have had practical experience in a sales environment.
• Provide general administrative support to CVB Sales team.
• Support projects related to the sales tracking system and manage system data on a day to day basis. This includes conducting regular audits of data to ensure user compliance, and auditing new entries to ensure operating practices are followed.
• Verify final room night numbers for CVB booked business and update the sales tracking system.
• Prepare sales presentations in various Microsoft Office formats.
• Provide assistance to the sales team for tours, site visits and other client-related events.
• Prepare accurate periodic sales reports.
• Report post-convention statistics into the database program reportable groups.
• Verify prior client group history requests for new prospective business.
• Act as the department lead for sales lead mining channels and tracking.
• Assist the Executive Director with sales meeting logistics.
• Maintain positive working knowledge of and relationship with hotel partners.
• Process monthly expense reports for sales team members.
• Manage Purchase orders and check requests
• Process and manage the department budget for all sales related expenses.
Education/Training: High school graduate. Two years higher education preferred.
Work Experience: 2 years of administrative or clerical support, in a sales-type environment; Prior work for a Convention & Visitors Bureau or Destination Management Organization is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Excellent communications both verbal and written; Familiar with industry related programs and databases; Advanced expertise in Excel; Working knowledge of other MS Office programs
Job Type: Full-time