Under the direction of the Senior Event Manager, the Event Manager is responsible for ensuring that the operational needs of clients are met by mobilizing the necessary internal resources to properly set up, operate and close out events at the Pasadena Convention Center and Civic Auditorium. The Event Manager serves as the primary liaison between the facility and event planners in the coordination of all facility services and event activities.
- Constant communication with clients in order to plan and organize all event related logistics (parking, cleaning, audio visual, room sets, etc.).
- Guide clients in preparation of events by interpreting and explaining contract provisions, policies and procedures.
- Keep clients informed as to status of deadline schedules, including but not limited to floor plan submissions, meeting room set-up specifications, insurance requirements and other related details.
- Provide clear, concise and timely communications of detailed requirements to operational departments, and service providers (Engineering, Guest Services, Public Safety, Parking, Food & Beverage, PSAV – Audio-Visual Services, Edlen Electrical Services and PCOC Management Staff).
- Produce and disseminate event related paperwork including event manifests, estimates of ancillary charges and diagrams.
- Maintain close contact with clients and facility staff to ensure successful events.
- Check all facilities before, during and after the event to ensure cleanliness and safety procedures are met.
- Follow-up on all client requests, concerns and problems.
- Attend appropriate planning, organization and other event and facility meetings in support of facility operations.
- Prepare and maintain event activity reports and other documentation as required.
- Maintain the proper image and generate positive public relations with patrons and staff.
- Ensure compliance with the rules and regulations of the facility in the activity of all events.
- Provide information to general inquiries regarding space rental of the facility.
- Conduct site inspection tours.