Health Safety & Sanitation at the Pasadena Convention Center
This page is to offer guidance and framework in our cleaning and disinfecting efforts at our venue. We are implementing preventative measures against the spread of COVID-19 at our workplace and our venue. We will continue to refine and update the plan as health officials and health organizations provide us more guidance and information.
Important Notice for all Visitors
We are excited to welcome back visitors and conference attendees to the Pasadena Convention Center. In addition to reopening, we have also added a number of new protocols and processes to help ensure the safety of visitors and staff. It is important that you read through this information in its entirety before your visit to our facility. We're working hard to protect you in the midst of this pandemic, but need you to do your part as well.
"We want everyone that walks through our doors to feel confident that we’ve taken the necessary steps to ensure their health and safety.”Naz Sabripour, Executive Director of the Pasadena Convention Center
GBAC STAR ACCREDITATION
The Pasadena Convention Center is committed to receiving the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR accreditation. Designed to create a healthy environment for meeting and convention attendees, the GBAC STAR is the gold standard for prepared facilities and the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response, and recovery accreditation.
We have increased cleaning and disinfecting routines and signage that promotes proper safety and health measures across our facility. This includes:
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of public spaces - lobby, seating areas, waiting rooms, and restrooms
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched items - door knobs, elevator buttons, hand rails, water fountains, ATMs, phones, computer, communication devices, keys, radios, equipment
- Added signage to promote and practice proper handwashing, respiratory etiquette, wearing the appropriate PPE (e.g. face coverings), and physical distancing
- Hand sanitizer dispensers located at key building entrances, elevator landings, and main lobbies
- Frequency of air filter replacement increased, with a higher efficiency rated filter. Indoor air quality monitored and use of outdoor air maximized
- Applied and actively pursuing the GBAC STAR Facility accreditation
- Promoting and implementing physical distancing with floor plans, lobby furniture, restrooms, and elevators
We ask that you do not attend any function at the Pasadena Convention Center if you exhibit any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Loss of appetite
Compliance to the following fundamental preventative practices and all state and local health officials’ protocols to protect our collective health is required.
- Maintain a minimum of 6 ft physical distance in lobby areas, restrooms, elevators, and meeting/exhibit space
- All attendees to wear a face covering on premises
- Practice respiratory etiquette
- Stay home if you are sick
- Practice increased and proper hand washing
We are taking careful precautions to inform and train employees on COVID-19 relevant information, importance of physical distancing, healthy hygiene habits, proper use and care of face coverings, and the importance of not coming to work if employees are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Daily symptom screening questionnaire for all employees
- Shift and meal breaks staggered and break areas assigned to limit occupancy
- Physical distancing guidelines developed for all work and break areas
- Promoting proper and frequent hand washing protocols
- Provide and require all staff to wear a face covering, at a minimum, and more advanced PPE as deemed appropriate for their job role
For more information on health orders and guidelines for the City of Pasadena, please see our resource page.