We look forward to welcoming you again soon when you are ready. This page is to help you navigate the "new normal" to ensure that you have a safe, smooth experience in our destination. Our businesses have each made the necessary changes to their operations so that Pasadena can safely welcome guests. Many of our hotels, restaurants, and retail businesses are ready to welcome you and are committed to creating a safe environment for our guests. You will notice new social distancing measures, enhanced sanitation practices, reservation requirements, and changes in offerings. We highly recommend calling ahead of time and reviewing each business website for hours, restrictions and ticket information.
We are asking all residents and visitors to travel thoughtfully and safely. Face coverings help to protect you and those around you. They are required in public settings throughout California. Socially distancing yourself at least six feet from members outside of your household is an important step in slowing the spread.
IS PASADENA OPEN FOR BUSINESS?
All guests are advised to call ahead to check business operations and hours.
- The statewide travel advisory advises Californians to roam no further than 120 miles from their homes and recommends that all travelers not on essential business should quarantine for 10 days after arriving in or returning to California.
- Pasadena hotels prioritize the health and safety of our guests and have put into place enhanced cleanliness standards and health protocols. (Exclusive Pasadena deals).
- Restaurants are open with restrictions. Outdoor dining, delivery and take-out services are available. (Dine Pasadena Directory, Outdoor Dining Guide).
- Retail businesses are open with restrictions. (Shop Pasadena Directory).
- City parks, trails, and the Rose Bowl loop are open for recreational activity with some restrictions. Eaton Canyon requires reservations.
- Descanso Gardens, The Huntington (botanical gardens only) and LA County Arboretum are open. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Plan ahead as reservations are in demand.
- The Gamble House offers small tours intended for the household - Gardens and Gables and Greene & Greene Neighborhood Walking Tours.
- Indoor museums and attractions continue to be closed.
[February 18, 2021]
Healthy Travel Practices
Be aware of the latest travel advisories from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention. Individuals who have an increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19 should limit their travel. Currently, travelers visiting are asked to self-quarantine for at least 10 days upon their arrival.
Travelers are encouraged to follow healthy travel habits:
- Wear a mask or face covering to protect yourself and others in a public setting
- Avoid close contact with others. Keep 6 feet away from members outside of your household
- Wash hands often
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth
- Cough into your elbow and sneeze into a tissue
- Stay up-to-date on vaccinations
- Avoid contact with people who are already sick
- Travel and hotel stays should occur with people from the same family/household
Read and follow the California Safe & Responsible Travel Code.
- Pasadena Health Orders
- Pasadena COVID-19 Cases
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- CDC Travel:
- California Department of Public Health:
- Visit California Travel Update