- Saturday, December 28, 2019 - Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Before and after the Rose Parade there are many activities such as float decorating and viewing. On New Year’s Day, people from all over the world come to Pasadena to attend and participate in the Rose Parade. The Rose Parade – a festival of flowers, marching bands, and equestrians is America’s New Year’s Celebration.
This year’s theme is “The Power of Hope”, celebrating the influence of optimism and hope. The theme encourages creativity in the float entries such as the float entries, marching bands, and the equestrian participants.
Watch the majestic floats come together at Rosemont Pavilion. Volunteers and float builders apply a variety of fruit, seeds, bark, grasses, and of course, breathtaking flowers. Advanced tickets are available for three public viewing locations. Times are allocated for general public viewing, including tour operators. Order your tickets through Sharp Seating or same-day tickets may be available. Considerable waiting periods should be expected.
- December 28: 11 AM – 7 PM
- December 29: 9 AM – 7 PM
- December 30: 11 AM – 5 PM
- December 31: 11 AM – 1 PM (advance purchase only)
Purchasing tickets in advance is strongly recommended by purchasing online or by calling Sharp Seating at (626) 795-4171.
- General Admission | $15.00
- Children 5 and under | Free
Float viewing will take place at Rosemont Pavilion, located at 700 Seco Street in Pasadena, CA. Parking is free and available on a first-come, first-served basis in various parking lots near the Rosemont Pavilion and Jackie Robinson Baseball Field.
Approximately 7 locations offer participatory float decorating. Walk-ins are welcome at most locations, though work is not guaranteed. Volunteers must be at least 13 years old to participate and all children must be accompanied by an adult. Opportunities are on a first-come, first-served basis. Groups must phone ahead to see if arrangements are possible. In most cases a 4-hour volunteer commitment is required.
- Phoenix Decorating Company offers two locations one at 835 South Raymond Ave. (Rose Palace) and 700 Seco St. (Rosemont Pavilion). (626) 793-3174
- Artistic Entertainment Services at 120 N. Aspan Ave. Azusa, Ca. 91702. Less than 20 people (626) 388-1839, More than 20 people (626) 334-9388
- Burbank Tournament of Roses at 123 W. Olive Ave., Burbank. (818) 840-0060
- Sierra Madre Float Association at 587 E. Sierra Madre Blvd. (626) 355-7005
- South Pasadena Tournament of Roses at Fair Oaks Ave., north of the 110 Arroyo Parkway Freeway
- La Canada-Flintridge Tournament of Roses Association at 4510 Hampton Rd., La Canada Flintridge (Foothill Blvd. & Hampton Rd.) (818) 519-1282
- Downey Rose Float Association at 13030 Erickson Drive Downey, CA 90241 [email protected]
- Cal Poly Universities at 3801 W Temple Ave, Pomona, CA 91768 Rose Float Office in Building 26A (facing the bookstore) (909) 869-3204
Articles you may also be interested in: