Short Term Bike Rental
Metro Bike Share is a great way to explore Pasadena. With 30 plus bike stations throughout Pasadena, Metro Bike Share is a convenient travel option for everyone. Ride to several of the city’s top attractions such as Old Pasadena, the Playhouse district, South Lake Avenue, Caltech, and the Rose Bowl, among many more.
Stations and Bikes
For those times when your destination is too far to walk yet too close to drive, a Metro Bike is the answer. Metro Bike stations are typically near popular destinations and and transit stations. The bikes are comfortable and include three gears and lights for those night time rides. Helmets are not included but you are encouraged to bring your own. Riders must be at least 16 years old to use Metro Bike Share. If under 18 years old, parents or guardians have to purchase the pass for them.
Metro Bike Share offers three options for bike rentals.
Flex Pass – $40 for the year
− All trips 30 minutes or less are $1.75
−$1.75 per 30 minutes thereafter
Monthly Pass – $20 Monthly
− All trips 30 minutes or less are free
− $1.75 per 30 minutes thereafter
Walk up – $3.50 for 30 minutes
− All trips 30 minutes or less are $3.50
− $3.50 per 30 minutes thereafter
You can also link your TAP card to your Metro Bike Share account and have the convenience of using your same card to ride the transit system and to unlock a bike.
Sign up for a pass here →
• Pasadena City College – From the Metro Gold Line Allen station, ride your Metro bike in the bike lane on Maple to Sierra Bonita to the campus.
• South Lake Avenue/Arroyo Parkway – Cordova Street is a great option to both of these areas. Although there are no bike lanes, parking lanes are very useful.
• The Rose Bowl loop is a popular spot for cyclists. The loop is 3.1 miles
• Caltech – From the Metro Gold Line Fillmore station, use Fillmore Street to travel to Caltech.
• Marengo Avenue between Glenarm Avenue and Del Mar Blvd is less busy than Arroyo Parkway and has bike lanes.
View more tips and FAQ’s here →
Metro Bike App
With the Metro Bike App, check real time availability for bikes and docks, buy a monthly or flex pass, find the nearest station, view trip history, contact customer service, and view how long your bike has been checked out.