Landscape and Grounds Attendant (Hourly Rate; Full Time)
- Gather and remove litter and dispose of trash or waste materials; including the disposal of trash of all outside trash receptacles and the cleaning of such trash receptacles. Always do so in an environmentally approved manner as the PCOC is a “green” facility.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge, or brush trimmers and operate appropriate grounds maintenance equipment.
- Operate vehicles or powered equipment, such as grounds maintenance equipment, electric clippers. Chain saws or pruning saws.
- Water lawns, trees, or other vegetation using permanent or portable sprinklers systems, hoses or watering cans. Properly irrigate lawns, trees, plants and any other vegetation in a manner to which they maintain their natural beauty.
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs, hedges and other vegetation, using shears, pruners, chain saws, etc. Operate necessary PCOC ground maintenance equipment.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, trees and other vegetation using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders. Maintain and follow all California State regulations and use proper fertilizers, herbicides or insecticides for all vegetation.
- Use irrigation methods to adjust the amount of water consumption and to prevent waste. Be aware and follow all Pasadena, CA drought restrictions in place at all times.
- Provide proper upkeep of the entire PCOC Campus (including parking lots), planters, ground features, etc. on a daily basis.
- Recommend the addition of rock, mulch, and necessary repairs of all areas of the campus. Including, but not limited to, brick repairs, sprinkler or drip systems, vegetation replacement, etc. to the Chief Engineer and/or Director of Facility Operations for consideration and approvals.
- Maintain all irrigation systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Follow planned landscaping designs (as set by the Chief Engineer and Director of Facility Operations). Evaluate reports or designs to determine work needs.
- Communicate ideas and recommendations of improved methods to maintain the campus, drought resistance plantings, cleaning methods, equipment needs, etc. to the Chief Engineer for consideration of the Director of Facility Operations.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your resume to email@example.com
Visit our website for other employment opportunities at www.pasadenacenter.com
PCOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.