- 125 S. Grand Ave
- Pasadena, CA 91105
- T: 213-713-0212
Richard H. Chambers Courthouse
The Richard H. Chambers United States Court of Appeals is located in what was once the Vista del Arroyo Hotel. The property was originally built in 1903, restored and reopened by the federal government in 1985.
The hotel was designed in the Spanish Colonial Revival style of architecture, is it the largest of several buildings adjacent to the residential district on the western edge of Pasadena. A reconstructed rose-covered pergola, restored fountain, and colorful plantings greet today’s visitors. The Colorado Street Bridge and Arroyo Seco accompany the courthouse, adorning it from below.
Tours of the first floor are offered by appointment only, contact Eve Fisher at (626) 229-7251 on weekdays between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM. Tours are not offered while court is in session (usually in the mornings, always on weekdays).